Compassion & Choices NY Weekly Why: How Would Medical Aid in Dying Work in New York? (May 23)
May 23, 2022 New York
Distributed to New York State Lawmakers via email May 23, 2022:
As you consider your position on this bill, I thought you might want to learn more about what the process of asking for and receiving a prescription for medical aid in dying might look like for a New Yorker once the bill is passed. We’ll be
at the capitol tomorrow to answer any questions you might have about this, or you can open the document below that I’ve attached to this email so you can read it more easily.
Weekly Why Archive
Each week that New York State Lawmakers were in session in 2022, Compassion & Choices New York provided a deep dive into each of the issues surrounding New York's Medical Aid in Dying Act. You can find each of these weekly communications with lawmakers here:
- January 21 – Because Too Many New Yorkers Have Suffered
- January 24 – Because New York Voters Support the Bill
- January 31 – Because the Medical Aid in Dying Act makes sense for New York
- February 7 – Data Doesn't Lie
- February 14 – Peace & Love is what it's all about
- February 28 – It's Not Suicide
- March 7 – Who's Next? One of Your Constituents?
- March 14 – Who Gets to Decide?
- March 21 – What About Faith?
- March 28 – A Change of Heart
- April 4 – This Isn’t About Money
- April 25 – Meet Ayla Rain
- May 2 – What Side Are You On?
- May 9 – What is Autonomy?
- May 16 – We Stand with Buffalo
- May 23 – How Would Medical Aid in Dying Work in New York?
- June 2 – New York Lawmakers Failed Dying New Yorkers