Status of End-of-Life Legislation
In 2022, an amendment to the Illinois Power of Attorney Act was enacted, allowing for proof of agency (powers of attorney) to be stored on electronic devices.
Read the Fall/Winter 2022 edition of our newsletter, Compassionate Quarterly, here.
Survey of Illinois Physicians’ Attitudes Toward Medical Aid in Dying as an End-of-Life Option
- Contact Your Lawmakers: Though we do not yet have a bill in Illinois, let your lawmakers know your position on medical aid in dying and ask them to be supportive when there is a bill.
- Check out our Virtual Advocacy Guide: Find out how to virtually advocate for end-of-life care in the most effective way.
- Watch: In June, 2021, Compassion & Choices Midwest Regional Advocacy & Outreach Manager Amy Sherman appeared on the Women Over 70 podcast to discuss end-of-life planning and care. Check it out on YouTube.
- Share your Story:: Stories have the power to change minds. Submit your experience with end-of-life issues, and we’ll help you get your story out.
- Join an existing Action Team in Illinois or start a new one.
- Join Compassion & Choices Illinois
- Sign up to volunteer: Join others to help educate others about issues to improve end-of-life care and expand end-of-life choice.
- Attend an Event: Meet others while learning more about end of life options.
- Schedule an event: We’ll help you host an event to educate others and encourage them to take action.
- Find us on Facebook.
- Learn about medical aid in dying: This summary provides you with everything you need to know about medical aid in dying.
Tools and Resources
For Patients Access the Illinois Advance Directive
End-of-Life Planning Use our step-by-step guide to chart your journey.
Los recursos en Español Los recursos en Español.
COVID-19 Toolkit Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 and end of life care.
Resources for Providers Find resources tailored to the needs of healthcare providers.