Support Among Californians
Fully 75% of Californians support the End of Life Option Act, the law authorizing medical aid in dying, according to a 2019 survey. The data holds consistent with previous polling done in the state. Read our press release on the report.
California volunteers work hard educating their communities and healthcare facilities on medical aid in dying and end-of-life options. If you want to make a difference helping people get the care they want, join Compassion & Choices network of volunteers!
Talking to your doctor and loved ones about your end-of-life wishes is critical to ensuring your care aligns with your values. Use our resources below to help with the conversation:
Many, many organizations and individual providers support the California End of Life Option Act. A sampling of organizations who support medical aid in dying is listed below:
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of California
- California Academy of Family Physicians
- California American Nurses Association
- California Bar Association
- California Commission on Aging
- California Psychological Association
- National Association of Social Workers – California Chapter
Lawmakers across jurisdictions support the California law. In fact, all members of the California Senior Legislature support the California End of Life Option Act. See the complete list of 2015 supporters.