The Compassion & Choices Doc2Doc line offers free, confidential telephone consultation with one of our seasoned medical directors, each with years of experience in end-of-life medical care including medical aid in dying. Call us anytime at 800.247.7421 or by email for information.
Clinicians are also encouraged to call our California Information Hotline at 800.893.4548, which has options for physicians and pharmacists to connect with trained practitioners and other resources.
An Introduction to Medical Aid in Dying as Clinical Practice
The Medical Aid in Dying Process and Liability Protections
State Specific Laws and Procedures
The California Access Campaign seeks to provide technical assistance to healthcare providers so they can more fully support their patients.
Resources are currently being produced and will be added here as they become available. Check back often.
- Clinical Criteria for Physician Aid in Dying and supplementary clinical information: Current best practices as published by the Journal of Palliative Medicine in December 2015.
- California Hospital Association End of Life Option Act Handout: A comprehensive guide for healthcare systems, hospices, physicians and pharmacists on the California End of Life Option Act.
- Attending Physician’s Checklist & Compliance Form
- Consulting Physician’s Compliance Form
- Attending Physician’s Follow-up Form
Sample Health System Policies
Your relationship with patients is critical to ensure they receive care they truly want.
Pharmacist2Pharmacist helps pharmacy professionals provide accurate information and up-to-date care to patients with prescriptions for aid-in-dying medications. It can be difficult to discuss a patient’s terminal illness and death — and crucial for pharmacists to knowledgeably consult directly with patients and caregivers about medications intended to bring about a peaceful death.
The knowledge you give to patients and caregivers will help patients understand the aid-in-dying medication protocols. A resource tailored to pharmacists, Pharmacist2Pharmacist offers you important documents and a readily available, free and confidential telephone consultation with a pharmacist in Oregon or Washington experienced with medical aid in dying.
Pharmacist2Pharmacist is ready with information and guidance to answer questions about medical aid in dying.